UNCTAD Advisory Group on Big Data & Training
22 OCTOBER 2015
Room XXVII, Palais des Nations, Geneva (Switzerland)
Focus: Innovation Knowledge for Inclusive and Sustainable Development: Transferring Knowledge through Technology.
The 2015 Advisory Group includes international organisations (IFRC, IRU, ITC, OCHA, OHCHR, UNCTAD, UNOG, UNOG, WIPO, WTO), private sector players (Google, Nestlé) as well as academia (EPFL, Dakar University) and provides a forum to discuss and identify best practices, platforms, processes and solutions that are relevant to UN agencies in the areas of training and e-Learning, and the development of academies and training institutions.
During its 10th meeting, the Advisory Group will look into solutions for development in the areas of Big Data and Analytics, capacity building, and knowledge sharing, and address the following specific questions:
- How can we leverage big data for knowledge development?
- How does big data and analytics fit into Capacity Building within the context of UN entities and other International Institutions?
- How can Big Data help to setup and contribute to E-learning and career path development?
- Can Big Data reveal insights on change in human well-being, real time trends on population behaviour or perceptions related to sustainable development issues?
- Where should United Nations Agencies focus on regarding Big Data /Analytics HR and career planning?
- Will Big Data create a new rift or new opportunity for Developing Countries?
- Is Big Data the next quantum leap?
Agenda (updated: 20 October 2015)
PRESENTATIONS AND SPEAKER’S NOTES
Dr. Adrian Holzer & M. Quentin Caviller (EPFL)
Graasp.net spreading Knowledge
Ms. Katy Bowers & M. Jude Fletcher, (NESTLE)
Big Data Opportunity
Ms. Denise Kappel & M. William Babumba, (IFRC)
IFRC Learning Platform & Learning Initiatives