September 5 – October 6, 2023: in Lomé, Togo: delivery of module 8: Technical management and human resources of the Course on Modern Port Management in Lomé, for trainees of the 8th promotion (19 port executives including 5 women) of the UNCTAD TrainForTrade Port Management Certificate from the port community of Lomé as well as operators from the port community of Conarky (PAC) and Abidjan (PAA).
Module 8 is entitled “Technical management and human resources” and is structured into 6 sub-modules:
- Developing a port equipment plan
- Technical management
- The purchase of equipment and the construction of works
- Management of maintenance of equipment and structures
- Development of human resources and training
- Analysis of human resources needs
- Recruitment and integration of new employees
- Training and career management
Sessions are delivered by regional and national instructors previously trained as trainers at TrainForTrade coaching and train-the-trainer seminars.
The broadcast of Module 8 will last two weeks. Participants will have to answer the test and the opinion questionnaire on the platform http://learn.unctad.org on Monday October 8, 2023.